Whether you are doing a professional job or working as a model, this is the most important aspect of daily routine you should take care of. Proper shaping of a beard can make your personality better and different from others. Now, everyone can trim on their own instead of going to barber. Continue reading to check if you are doing it in a right way:
- For a better and safe trimming process
- Taking care of skin after trimming
- Best trimmers of 2020.
- Must have tools
- Trimming styles according to face cut
- Precautions to take while trimming
For a better and safe trimming process
For a better and safe trimming process follow these steps:
- A dry and dirty beard isn’t ideal for trimming. So, keep it clean. First, wash with a beard shampoo, because your face skin is different from your scalp, and Then, condition. It’ll soften up the hairs and make the next step easier.
- After your beard dries, brush it, so that the hairs stand up and out. It will make the process easier, also highlight unsymmetrical lengths.
- Here comes the most important part, trimming your face, for this use clipper for setting according to your requirement. It is better to start with a larger number because it will give you an idea, where to stop and where to trim more. Thicker mustache and area around goatee with a lighter finish at cheeks and side of the face is the most popular and attractive beard style used at present. For this use 3 number for cheeks and side part of the face, 4 or 5 setting when you get to the goatee area.
- The next part is shaping your mustache using a clipper, some men like to trim it to lip line and some like more clearance, it’s your call. Start with little clearance for a better judgment.
- The trickiest step is defining your neckline. Don’t trim to the jawbone, it will make you look like you have a double chill, which you don’t want. So, what you can do is trim everything below your Adam’s apple. You can use a razor for a cleaner neck.
Taking care of skin after trimming
After trimming it is very important to take care of your beard, it needs to be moisturized else it will look dry and unattractive. While choosing any beard oil must take a look at its carrier oil. Carrier oils are used to dilute the essential oils and help carry them into the skin. Therefore, It becomes very important to choose the best oil which suits your skin. So, you can use these beard oils for better results. I have given a direct link to buy. check them out.
- Honest Amish – Classic Beard Oil
- Honest Amish Beard Oil – Premium
- Cremo Beard Oil
- Ranger Fragrance-Free Beard Oil
- Wisdom Premium beard Oil
- V76 Beard Oil by Vaughn
- Mountaineer Brand Beard Oil
Best trimmers of 2020
These are the best-performed trimmers of 2020.
- Wahl lithium ion plus stainless steel
- Panasonic beard ER-SB40-K
- Andis T-outliner T-blade
- Philips Norelco bodygroom BG2040/49
- Brio beardscape
- Panasonic ER-GB60-K
- Philips Norelco vacuum BT7215/49
- Panasonic ER-GB40-S
- Braun BT7040
- Braun BT5090
Must have tools
- A beard brush, used before trimming for highlighting inconsistency in length
- A beard comb, for spreading oil throughout the beard.
- Facial hair scissor, to trim the mustache hairs to the lip line.
- Clippers, to maintain the length and cut nostril hairs.
- Razors, to clean the neck area and clean up cheek lines.
- Beard Oils, for moisturized and shining beard.
Trimming styles according to facial cut
Well, a beard can make you look better or ugly, it depends on you. How? Let’s find out.
Not everyone has the same shape of the face so it becomes important to choose a specific beard style according to your facial shape.
- Round shaped: Van dyke, Short boxed, Balbo, Anchor
- Square shaped: Circle, Royale, Goatee, Petite goatee
- Oval shaped: Chevron, 3- day stubble, Horseshoe, Original stache
- Rectangular shaped: Mutton chops, Gunslinger & mustache, Chin strip, Chin strap style
Precautions to take before & while trimming
- If you are using a trimmer that runs on a battery, make sure it is fully charged before use or you have to regret later if it stops in between.
- Make sure the clipper setting is correct
- Shaving too high of a neckline will make you look like a creature.
- Don’t forget patchy spots.
- Be patient, a hurry can leave you uneven lengths.
- Must choose a trimming style according to face cut.
- Trimmer should be of a recognized company.